Showing all 6 results
Products for Maintaining Optimal Liver Health
Because the liver is in charge of many important functions in our bodies, it is critical to maintain and protect its health. The liver is the primary “filter” in the body, removing unwanted substances. Natural supplements can promote optimal liver health, but don’t forget to follow the basic principles of a healthy lifestyle, including balanced and healthy nutrition daily.
The Main Liver Functions
- Synthesis. In the metabolic liver, fats, carbohydrates, and proteins are formed.
- Detoxification. The liver perform vital functions for survival – one of them is the clearance of toxins and harmful by-products from the body.
- Thermoregulation. The liver functions plays a role in the maintenance of body temperature homeostasis.
- Blood clotting. The liver produces blood clotting factors responsible for blood clotting.
- Glucose and hormone and cholesterol level control.
Products for liver health
Various liver health supplements are available in pharmacies, as people often wonder how to improve liver function.
- Choline (essential phospholipids). If the liver is fatty, it is advised to consider a change in lifestyle, but liver supplements can also aid in improving liver health. It is important to choose products that contain choline or phospholipids, as they protect the liver from damage.
- Silymarin. It is one of the preparations that help ensure that the liver regenerates. Silmarin, extracted from the seeds of marjoram, helps restore liver function.
- Amino acids. Amino acids are necessary for the health of the liver, so the diet can be enriched with preparations containing these compounds. Amino acids are especially important when the liver function is impaired.
- It is also valuable look out for supplements for liver health that contain dandelion root extract and artichoke leaf extract.
- Importantly, we can include products in our diet that contain compounds that are especially useful for the liver. For instance, garlic, beets, grapefruit, green tea, avocado, various salads, olive oil, walnuts, citrus fruits, etc.
How to protect the liver?
It goes without saying that increasing liver health is mostly dependent on you and how well you care for your body. Liver health supplements will not fix all of your problems.
People sometimes report that their liver hurts, but the pain is usually caused by the gallbladder on the right side. Two liver enzyme, AST and ALT, can help determine how healthy the liver is. If these levels are elevated, it implies that the liver is compromised – either structurally or functionally. Hepatitis, or liver inflammation, is one of the most common liver illnesses. What can improve liver health?
- The first helpers in improving liver health are various nutritional supplements, which are described in more detail at the beginning of this article.
- Medication. It is recommended to use medication with caution in consultation with a family doctor. Excessive use of medication significantly increases the load on the liver and symptoms of an enlarged liver may appear.
- Cholesterol level. It is important to keep cholesterol at a normal level. Additionally, it is crucial to monitor glucose levels, especially for diabetics.
- Quitting bad habits. Smoking significantly damages not only the health of the lungs, but also the liver, so it is recommended to get rid of this bad habit. Alcohol is also one of the biggest “enemies” of the liver, because the liver takes care of the metabolism of the ingested substances.
- A healthy and balanced diet is one of the keys to the health of the whole body, including the liver.
In cases of any health problems, consult your general practitioner, who, if necessary, will refer you to a gastroenterologist for an examination and come up with the best solution.